Private Health Insurance Arizona

Affordable Individual Health Insurance Arizona

Around 11% of Arizona’s population is uninsured, and they need to seriously think to enroll in an affordable health insurance plan. Individuals can shop for an affordable health plan either from the federal marketplace or they can directly purchase a plan from a health insurance carrier. Besides, there are also several health insurance portals like InsureMeNow that guide people in comparing and shopping and help them pick the best health plan. The health insurance exchange in Arizona can be used to purchase health plans by the people who are either self-employed, people who work for small businesses who don’t provide health coverage, or people who have retired before 65 and need to purchase health coverage for themselves and their families. Though open enrollment for 2021 health plans has ended, but the federal government has offered a one-time COVID-related enrollment window from February 15 through May 15, 2021. The Biden administration has reopened the enrollment period to allow the uninsured another opportunity of enrolling in an affordable health insurance plan.

Vital Updates on Arizona Health Insurance Marketplace

  • In the Arizona health insurance marketplace, overall enrollment declined to 153,000 in 2020 but the enrollment rate slightly increased for the 2021 health plan.
  • In 2021, around 154,504 people purchased health plans during open enrollment that may increase a bit more till May 15, 2021.
  • Around 44% of Arizona’s population has employer-sponsored health coverage.
  • Residents of Arizona spend an average of $6,452 on health care every year, as per KFF.org.
  • The average cost of health insurance for a 40-year-old individual is $490 in Arizona in 2021.

Different Types of Metal Plans available in Arizona

Health insurance plans available on the exchange in Arizona are divided into different metal-tiers such as Catastrophic, Bronze, Expanded Bronze, Silver, and Gold plans. Each tier of metal-plan indicates the benefits that individuals would receive from their plans along with their monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Individuals who prefer a higher level of coverage from their plans need to purchase a higher metal-tier plan like Gold. The monthly premium of a higher metal-tier plan is higher, so a Gold plan will have a higher monthly premium but would cover 80% of the individual’s health care costs. Similarly, a bronze metal-tier plan has a low monthly premium but covers only 60% of the total cost of health care, while the remaining 40% of the total amount is paid by the insured. Gold health insurance plans turn out to be the best option for individuals who are expected to have high medical expenses or if individuals have ongoing prescription needs.

Average Cost of Health Insurance by Metal-tier in 2021

Types of Plan Monthly Premium for 21-Year Monthly premium for 40-Year
Catastrophic $293 $374
Bronze $320 $409
Expanded Bronze $331 $423
Silver $397 $507
Gold $530 $678

Private Health Insurance Options in Arizona

Residents of Arizona will find plenty of health insurance options, as currently, five health insurance carriers are available in the state offering health plans at a different price range. Individuals, who are self-employed or without health insurance from their employers, will find plenty of individual and family health insurance options in Arizona, as carriers have come out with several cheap and affordable options. However, the affordable and lowest-cost health plan in Arizona varies based on county, for instance, the Silver 1 health plan in Pima County costs less compared to the price of the same plan in Maricopa County.

Some Popular Private Individual Plans of Arizona:

  • Ambetter Essential Care 1
  • Blue SimpleHealth – PimaFocus Network.
  • Blue AdvanceHealth Silver – PimaFocus Network
  • Blue EverydayHealth Gold – PimaFocus Network
  • Ambetter Balanced Care 12
  • Blue AdvanceHealth Silver – Neighborhood Network
  • Oscar Silver Saver 2

Health Insurance Carriers available in Arizona

  • BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona
  • Cigna
  • Health Net of Arizona
  • Oscar
  • Bright Health

Find a Right Affordable Plan For You

REPRESENTATIVES ARE AVAILABLE Mon - Fri, 8 AM - 8 PM ET